|Job title:||Procurement and Logistic officer|
|Deadline:||16 October 2018|
|About YDN:||Yemeni Development Network (YDN) for NGOs is an independent, non-governmental and non-profit community based organization established in 2003. YDN is currently carrying out Emergency response programs and announces the following vacancies|
|Job Purpose:||Procurement and Logistic officer will in accordance with YDN Financial Rules and Regulations and Procurement Manual and funding agreements, the incumbent is responsible to ensure timely, cost effective and safe delivery of goods and services to project and to assist in the implementation of well-coordinated procurement and logistics activities.|
|Responsibilities:||1. Prepare all necessary documentation for handling logistics of goods and services procured in accordance with YDN rules and regulations, and any other documents as needed;|
2. Maintain the records on procurement process and related documents and files to ensure transparency and accountability;
3. Maintain a database of goods in movement and deliveries completed.
4. Draft correspondence related to procurement including letters to vendors, insurance claims, replacement of damaged equipment/goods as required;
5. Raise purchase orders, seek approval and dispatch as and when required in connection with procurement procedures;
6. Monitor deliverables under contracts awarded and prepare documentation for authorization of payments to suppliers;
7. Follow up with Suppliers to ensure timely and safe delivery of goods and services and take up logistics coordination responsibilities as and when required;
8. Prepare reports and monitor administrative and project expenditure as appropriate;
9. Undertake field missions when required,
10. Keep abreast of relevant products/services market developments;
11. Perform other duties as required.
|Required Qualifications and Experience:||CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING|
Qualifications and Experience:
1. University degree in a relevant field
2. At least 2 years of relevant professional experience
1. A team player with good communication and interpersonal skills.
2. Ability to work flexible under pressure, prioritizing and having commitment to meet deadlines.
3. High skills in dealing with computer applications especially Microsoft Office applications.
4. Drive for Results
5. Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
6. Ability and willingness to travel and visit project field locations.
|Submission mechanism:||Apply for this position from the following link|