|Job title:||Project manager|
|Deadline:||14 April 2019|
|Reports to:||Programs Manager|
|About YDN:||Yemeni Development Network (YDN) for NGOs is non-governmental and non-profit established in 2003.|
YDN has been implementing an integrated program in Nutrition, Health and WASH in Yemen.
|Job General Summary:||The Project Manager will be in Amran. |
The Project Manager will be responsible for all emergency health, nutrition and WaSH activities which will be implemented in Maswer district in Amran governorate and Milhan district in Almahwait governorate . He/she will be responsible for providing technical leadership, budget management, and the day-to-day management of the projects, including recruitment and reporting. The project manager will be responsible for liaison and coordination with the appropriate government authorities, donor and other agencies of interest. The project manager will be supervised by the programmes manager and will work closely with other operation team.
|Main Duties and Responsibilities:|| Program Management:|
1. Implement the project according to the project plan and SOPs
2. Develop project implementation plans, recruitment plans, procurement plan, reporting mechanisms and training plan using the project-monitoring tool.
3. In coordination with programs coordinators and field teams, determine the operational needs of health and nutrition and WASH.
4. Exercise overall responsibility for financial management of the project, track budget and ensure that all activities and expenditure are conducted within budget allocations and manages program activities according to the scope of the grant and budget.
5. Works with the M&E Manager and relevant programs coordinators to implement monitoring and evaluation plans for the project, and facilitate monitoring and review of the project with staff to assess outcomes and capture lessons learned.
6. In cooperation with Programs manager relevant programs coordinators and HR Manager, hire and supervise staff to ensure their smooth and effective operations.
7. Provides relevant programs coordinators and programs manager with monthly performance reports on the level of achievement and achievement of indicators
8. Works with the relevant programs coordinators and programs manager and M&E Manager to implement and maintain prescribed reporting systems to monitor and evaluate the objectives, indicators and outcomes and ensure accurate and timely data collection at the field level.
9. Assist in the compilation of data for weekly, bi-weekly reports and quarterly reports with the M&E Officer and technical unit and documentation in programs unit
10. Work with field teams and logistics to procure program supplies within program budgets.
11. Supervise the day-to-day project staff to ensure smooth and effective operations.
12. Liaise closely with local authorities, donor to ensure program compliance with donor policies and regulations and complementary with other agencies' efforts.
13. Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility as and when needed
14. Ensure compliance to local labor laws including working hours and respect Career sequence
1. Provide technical guidance on the overall strategy for program design and management in coordination with relevant programs coordinators.
2. Ensure that all program activities and trainings are both in line with global standards and ministry and local government requirements.
3. Conduct and provide technical support on nutrition, health and WaSH assessments.
4. Work closely with programs to ensure activities are contributing towards program targets
1. Attend cluster/coordination meetings relevant to the project and program. Then reporting programs unit.
2. Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and standpoint with regard to internal and external actors.
3. Attends coordination meetings, which are relevant to country activities.
4. Interfaces with national government and relevant agencies as necessary
Training/ Capacity Building:
1. Determine training needs for subordinate staff
2. Train national staff to increase their capacities in order to ensure sustainability of programs.
1. Maintains frequent communication with Programmes Manager to ensure that program activities and objectives are communicated.
2. Works with operation staff to ensure the coordination of programs supplies are within budgeted targets.
3. Maintain open lines of communications with all field and administrative staff
1. Ensures application and compliance of security protocols and policies.
|Required Qualifications and Experience:||1. BA degree (Master preferred) of medical background with qualification in Public Health, Nutrition, International Development and/or in a relevant field of study|
2. At least 3 to 5 years of experience working as heath & nutrition or health& WaSH project manager, and experienced with NGOs
3. Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision.
4. Extremely flexible, and the ability to cope with stressful situations.
5. Strong English language speaking and writing abilities.
6. Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint a plus.
7. Ability to produce effectively information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field and HQ, counterparts and government.
8. Ability to interpret data, have a strong emphasis on program monitoring, and conduct results-based programming.
|Submission mechanism:||If you are interested in this position, kindly follow the link below:|