|Job title:||WASH Officer|
|Deadline:||14 April 2019|
|Reports to:||Project Manager|
|About YDN:||Yemeni Development Network (YDN) for NGOs is non-governmental and non-profit established in 2003.|
YDN has been implementing an integrated program in Nutrition, Health and WASH in Yemen.
|Job General Summary:||The WASH Officer will be responsible for overall WASH management of assessments, planning, implementation, and monitoring and project evaluation. He/she will be responsible for providing technical leadership, budget management, day-to-day management of the WASH activities and reporting. The Senior WASH Officer will be supervised by the project manager and will work closely with project manager, program coordinator and Programs Manager and other operation team.|
|Main Duties and Responsibilities:||1. Design curricula and oversee implementation of hygiene promotion trainings.|
2. Technical WASH assessments and participation in the selection of target water sources to be rehabilitated, through technical feasibility studies, household level questionnaires, focus group discussions, facilities and site visits, and interviews with key community members
3. Ensure quality and integrity of implementation, including adherence to technical guidelines, administrative systems, and established deadlines.
4. In collaboration with relevant program implementation staff, prepare, oversee, and update the work plan for WASH related activities.
5. Assist in program development and proposal preparation as requested by WASH coordinator and Programs manager
6. Support the development of weekly and monthly project work plans for the team, and follow up to ensure targets are met
7. Develop and submit accurate, quality order forms and Bill of Quantities for works, in line with project budget requirements, in a timely manner
8. Ensure that all planned activities are implemented on time, to quality measures and within budget as per the monthly plan. Where challenges arise
9. Implement and monitor monthly activity plans to achieve expected results. This includes planning of activities, budgets and procurement.
10. Lead the preparation of all procurement and administrative documents required for project implementation.
11. Verify that project activities and works are carried out according to quality standards established by YDN through quality checklists
12. Ensure that rehabilitation of water sources is integrated with hygiene promotion and community participation to ensure sustainability of the activities.
13. Facilitate the work by conducting excellent coordination with local authorities and related stakeholders to ensure smooth implementation of activities and secure movement of team supervising ongoing activities.
14. Provide technical and professional support to WASH field team and other YDN departments on water, sanitation and hygiene matters.
15. Ensure gender equity and social inclusion in all aspects of WASH interventions
16. Develop projects plan and tools
17. Perform any other related tasks as required.
1. Ensure That monthly reports are collected and compiled appropriately
2. Compile statistical data and draft appropriate reports on activities.
3. Analyze situation and prevailing trends and provide constructive written feedback for field staff
4. Provide monthly written reports on activities to the Project Manager and related program coordinators
|Required Qualifications and Experience:||1. Bachelor degree in Engineering, technical equivalent or Environmental health|
2. At least 2-4 years of technical wash experience particularly in designing and implementing infrastructure works, preferably with INGOs.
3. Familiarity with International humanitarian operations, coordination structures, and the mandates of donors and other NGOs.
4. Cross-cultural awareness and insight into WASH issues.
5. Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision.
6. Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
7. Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively.
8. Creative and able to work with limited resources.
9. Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written.
10. Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint a plus.
11. Strong English language speaking and writing abilities.
12. Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field and HQ, counterparts and government.
13. Ability to interpret data, have a strong emphasis on program monitoring, and conduct results-based programming.
|Submission mechanism:||If you are interested in this position, kindly follow the link below:|